We are MK Illumination UK (Ltd), part of MK Global which has 44 subsidiaries in 120 countries throughout the world. We design, manufacture, and install end-to-end festive lighting solutions and products.
Privacy is incredibly important to MK Illumination. We put ourselves in the position of the people we’re collecting information about, and we believe passionately in protecting the personal data from our customers, suppliers, and visitors to our website, and we do not share any personal information with third parties, nor do we distribute email lists to any other company for marketing communication.
In this privacy notice we provide information on why and when MK Illumination collects your personal data, how we use your personal data, how we process your personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data, how we dispose of data and the ways in which to contact us. The services that this notice applies to are MK Illumination’s website, services, and business operations. We would encourage you to read the policy carefully and contact us with any questions or concerns about MK Illumination’s privacy practices.
What information do we collect?
• You may disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
• We use Google Analytics to process information about how the website is used. We anonymise the IP addresses provided to Google Analytics.
• We may store your IP address and the pages you accessed on our site in our logs. We do this so that we can identify and investigate problems with the website, including errors and security incidents. We may keep the logs for up to 12 months. We keep these logs because it is in our legitimate interest to do so for these purposes.
• When you visit our sites, you may need access to our guest Wi-Fi. To access the Wi-Fi, we require you to provide name and email address. We will also provide your device with an IP address which will enable us to monitor for any unauthorised use.
• We do this, so we can maintain the security of our network and ensure that the Wi-Fi is not used for any illegal activity (it is in our legitimate interests to do so). We will keep a record of your Internet and network activity in our security operations centre.
• Your information will be kept for 60 days.
How do we use personal information?
Below is all the service, and business operations-related purposes, for which we will process information:
• Personalisation of content, business information or user experience
• Account set up and administration
• Delivering marketing and goods and services communication
• Internal company research and development purposes
• Providing goods and services
• Legal obligations (e.g., prevention of fraud)
• Meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Below are the relevant GDPR conditions for processing your personal data:
• Consent – To provide our services or to conduct MK Illumination’s business operations. You can withdraw and manage your consent by contacting MK Illumination’s representative, details of which are provided in this privacy notice.
• Contract – To provide our services or conduct MK Illumination’s business operations.
• Legitimate interests – To provide our services or to conduct MK Illumination’s business operations.
• Legal obligation – Under GDPR legal requirements for processing personal data.
When do we share personal data?
We will treat personal data confidentially and the conditions within when we might disclose or share it include when it is necessary so we can provide our services or conduct our business operations, as outlined in our purposes for processing.
How to contact us?
You can get in touch if you have questions or concerns about MK Illumination’s privacy practices, wish to view your personal information, request a correction or deletion of personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint. Email your request to our representative, Matt Couzens-Davies:
You can also contact us through a postal request made to the representative at MK Illumination’s address, which is provided at the end of this privacy notice.
Your rights in relation to personal data
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO).
• You may request to see the personal data that MK Illumination holds on you.
• You have the right to correct or ask to have your personal data deleted from MK Illumination’s records.
• Mk Illumination will not hold your data longer than is reasonably necessary.
• We do not share your personal details with any other third party.
How MK Illumination will securely dispose of data after we no longer need it
• Deleting digital information and any back-ups: When removing or deleting data from computers or electronic devices we will use a specialist IT service to undertake the work.
• Destroying paper documents permanently and securely: We will use a shredder to shred and dispose of any paper documents that hold personal data.
There may be circumstances where data subject rights may be limited, e.g., if by fulfilling the data request it may expose personal data about another person, or if MK Illumination is asked to delete data which we are required to keep by law.
Responding to data protection rights requests
If you exercise any of your rights under data protection law, MK Illumination will respond as quickly as possible. This will be no later than one calendar month, starting from the day that we receive the request.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
MK Illumination UK (Ltd) will review this privacy notice on an annual frequency. Any revisions made will result in the latest version of the privacy notice being uploaded onto the website.
If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing
MK Illumination UK (Ltd) address
MK Illumination UK (Ltd),
Unit 1 Witton Business Park,
Preston Old Road,